How to Hang Out – Without Being a Jerk
New Small Church should be helpful, fun and relaxed. Kinda like hanging out in the ideal church hallway after a great service.
But just like that hallway, it can be ruined by one obnoxious guest. You know the one. Every church has one. If your church doesn’t have one, some other poor church got stuck with two.
So that the 99.9% of us who know how to behave online can relax and enjoy hanging out, we have a few reasonable rules set up for that remaining 0.1% of people who just don’t know when enough is enough.
Stay on topic. We’re about Small Church ministry. Even more specifically, as our motto states, we’re about Encouraging, Connecting, Equipping, Innovation & Leadership. If you’re looking for that, or adding to that, hang out and enjoy.
We’re NOT about theological debates, politics, apologetics, whining or bashing.
There are plenty of websites where you can do all those things – or you can start one of your own. Just don’t do it here. Part of what New Small Church is about, is creating a place to get away from those distractions (yes, even theological debates can be a distraction – remember what Jesus said to the Pharisees?) and focus on things that help us all with hands-on ministry.
If you have challenges, struggle, joys, hopes, questions or experiences that relate to the subject at hand, please share them here.
We don’t always have to agree with each other. You don’t even have to agree with me. But I will insist that when we disagree we do so with an agreeable spirit.
This is not a place to sell your products, blog or ministry. I won’t do that on your site, so please don’t do it on mine. Any comments that are obvious ploys to link to what you’re selling, will be deleted.
I’m sure I’ll add a few more guidelines as time goes on, but for now, you get the idea.
The bottom line is that being online doesn’t give any of us a pass from behaving like brothers and sisters in Christ.
Hang out, share, read, relax and don’t let the 0.1% drag you down. I won’t.
And if you’d like to get on our email list, just fill this in.