Welcome to the New Small Church Nametag Wall.
That is, welcome to where the wall is going to be very soon.
The plan is to have it up and running by Tuesday, January 14, 2013. (Since writing this, the Nametag Wall is now up! Click here to check it out.)
Here’s the idea.
As a way to build community, pastors from around the world can take a picture of themselves holding our nametag, declaring “Hi, I’m (your name) and I’m a Small Church Pastor.”
Then send us the photo, and we’ll add it to a growing gallery of faces of people to identify with and pray for.
The photos sprinkled throughout this post are from a few friends who have already sent theirs in.
Once the Nametag Wall is up, it will be a beautiful, growing gallery of faces that you can click on and enlarge to view as a slide show.
I Want YOU On This Wall!
If you’re a Small Church pastor, here’s what to do.
- Click on the Small Church Pastor nametag icon to the right
- Print the full-size nametag that comes up – the bigger the better
- Write your name on it in big, bold letters
- Take a photo of you with it. Get creative!
- Send the photo to me
You can send it in any of the following ways:
- Email to KarlVaters@NewSmallChurch.com
- Post it to the New Small Church Facebook page
- Tweet it to me @NewSmallChurch
Not Just For Pastors
Since word of this idea leaked out, I’ve had many people who are in Small Churches, but not the lead pastor, who have said “hey! I want in on that!” So we’re making room for you, too.
If you’re a…
- Small Church Youth Pastor
- Small Church Worship Leader
- Small Church Deacon
- Small Church Volunteer
- Small Church Member
- Small Church…Whatever
Do the above steps, but start with the blank nametag.
Download it to your favorite software program and add your title to it. If you have sweet computer skills, you already know how to do this.
If you’re not sure how to do it, don’t panic. It’s easy.
How to Personalize the Blank Nametag
- Click the nametag to open the enlarged version of it
- Cut and paste the enlarged nametag into whatever computer program you’re comfortable using (like Powerpoint, or even Word)
- Insert a text box into the blank where your title will go
- Type your title (Small Church Member, etc) in WHITE with ALL CAPS using a bold, san serif font like Impact, Franklin Gothic or Arial Bold
- Print it, write your name on it, take the pic and sent it in
That’s all it takes!
Or follow this foolproof, one-step process.
1. Ask your kids or grandkids to help you.
It’s time to declare who we are and join with others who have been blessed with the same wonderful calling to a Small Church.
Let’s start building a community.
I’m looking forward to adding your photo to the wall.
So what do you think? Are you going to send your photo in and connect with this group of great Small Church leaders?
We want to hear from you. Yes, you!
Enter your comment right below this post and get in on the conversation.